Starting a Business
When starting up an exciting world of creativity and innovation in business there’s a lot to think about so it’s a good idea to get professional advice from the start and ongoing support. Professional help and advice can sow the seeds to grow a great business.
We always welcome startups who are about to start in business, or those with new businesses, to come and talk to us.
Starting a business questions
How to start a business - what do I need to know?
- Do you have a business plan? Crucial road map for your new venture.
- How much money do you need and what will it be used for?
- Can you finance things yourself or do you need funding?
- What business structure will you use? are you setting up as a sole trade, partnership or limited company?
- Where are you going to trade from – home or business premises?
- Are you recruiting staff and have you thought about employment issues & payroll?
- Promoting your business and have you thought of contingency plan?
Read our starting a business detailed advice factsheet for more information.
Starting a business advice - how do I find the right help?
It will pay back to talk to a professional accountant. They can help you avoid costly pitfalls when starting up and will save you money in the long run. At AKKS we can advise you on all aspects of starting up in business and help your business grow.
Make sure your accountancy firm can grow with you – will they be able to cope when your business grows? AKKS team can deal with business from start-up, through growth and to exit.
Use your accountant as an advisor/partner and not just a bookkeeper. They should be able to give you great ideas for planning, running and growing your business. We share our clients aspirations, work to understand their reality, and align our incentives with their objectives so as we’re in this together.
Being business owners ourselves so can not only help with the numbers but can advise on a wide range of business challenges.
How can AKKS help?
- Setting up the company/starting a business advice
- Business planning
- Getting finance
- Managing your cashflow
- VAT & PAYE registrations
- Taxes and all the paperwork
- IT and online accounting systems
What makes AKKS different?
We’re local, national, accessible – and personal accountants: So we’re just call away when you need us as a business startup and strong enough to support you as you expand. Whatever your issue, big or small – access your dedicated accountant by phone/email and in person for practical advice for your individual needs.
Experienced: We advice and support privately owned companies and business owners right across the UK
Extra advice: We live in the real world, meaning we run our business and it’s a journey we’ve been on ourselves.
We feel your pain, speak your language and understand the challenges and issues you face and we’ll be on your side, which is essential when you’re starting a business.